Become a Member
The Old House, built in 1649 in Southold, was moved to Cutchogue in 1660, It was restored in 1940 and designated a National Historic Landmark in 1962. The oldest English-type..Read More
The Wickham Farmhouse was built in 1704 on Rte. 25, then known as the King’s Highway. It was given to the Council in 1965 and moved to the Village Green...Read More
The Old Burying Ground in Cutchogue, situated on the Main Road about a mile east of the Village Green, is a sacred and historic site where the remains of Cutchogue’s settlers..Read More
The 19th Century Carriage House is the Historical Council’s information center, GIFT SHOP, and starting point for Guided Tours. On display is a model of the U.S.S. Holland, the Navy’s..Read More
In compliance with a New York State mandate to measure and mark its main thoroughfare, the Town of Southold set stone mile markers among the Main Road in 1828 from the..Read More
The Old Schoolhouse, built in 1840, was Cutchogue’s first district school and continued to serve local students until 1903. Donated to the Historical Council in 1961, it was moved to..Read More
Local-History-SubjectThe Cutchogue-New Suffolk Free Library is housed in the former Independent Congregational Church of Cutchogue, circa 1862. New England in character, it is a one and a half story Italianate gable..Read More
The Barn holds old farm implements and a horse carriage.
Irish mathematician, engineer and inventor, John Philip Holland, designed and built the first successful submarine to be commissioned by the U.S. Navy. He perfected his invention in trials in New..Read More
This contemporary barn houses the 1927 Delivery van that was used on the Fleet Farm. It is the home of future installations to motor vehicles.
Cutchogue-New Suffolk Historical Council
Route 25 at Case’s Lane
PO Box 714
Cutchogue, NY 11935