The 19th century period Carriage House is the Historical Council’s information center, Gift Shop, and starting point for guided tours. On display is a model of the U.S.S. Holland, the Navy’s first practical submarine that underwent trials off New Suffolk from 1899-1905. The Carriage House also once housed peacocks, before its relocation to the Village Green!
Today, the little building presents an ever-changing array of locally crafted North Fork products for sale, such as jams, jewelry, knitted items and antiques. All proceeds benefit the preservation and maintenance of the Historical Council on the Village Green. The shop is staffed by volunteers and is open during regular tour hours, as well as on weekends between Thanksgiving and Christmas for holiday purchases.