The Historical Council welcomes volunteers of all ages! Share your time and talents and help us preserve our local history.
The following are a few of the many volunteer opportunities offered by the Cutchogue-New Suffolk Historical Council:
- Tour Guides (Docents). Guide visitors and interpret the historic buildings and collections exhibited on the Village Green. Training provided.
- Special Events. Assist in setting up, staffing and taking down events and public programs. Many hands make light work!
- Gift Shop. Help out in the Carriage House: greet visitors, interact with patrons, and transact sales. All proceeds support the Village Green.
- Old Cutchogue Burying Ground. Annual workshops and hands-on activities offer volunteers an opportunity to assist in preserving this historic and sacred site.
- Community Service. Fulfill your community service requirements by sharing your time and skills, and help preserve the history of your community!
For information about these and other volunteer opportunities, call the Cutchogue-New Suffolk Historical Council at (631) 734-7122, or write to us at: PO Box 714, Cutchogue, NY 11935, or email the director, Zach Studenroth.